Wednesday, November 04, 2015

Web Summit

Last night I was very privileged to attend the Web Summit for Schools! Guests of all ages took the stage to share their love of technology with us. Next year the web summit moves to Lisbon so I felt very privileged to be chosen to attend the summit by my school. Overall it was an experience I will never forget and the atmosphere would have made me happy never mind getting to listen to the speakers.

Some really amazing speakers attended with some inspiring movements.

Scott Harrison, founder of charity:water is launching a movement that celebrities and non-celebrities alike are embracing to help give water to people in Africa. Mr Harrison is asking people around the world to pledge their birthdays to charity:water. Instead of receiving presents those who have pledged their birthdays will give all the money they would have received to giving water to those without it. Mr Harrison decided to start this movement after he realised he'd spent the beginning of his life very selfishly and he decided he wanted to give something back to people.


Riley Ennis also really impressed me with his research to find a cure to cancer using a protein found in Horseshoe crabs. The protein would naturally absorb the cancerous cells effectively killing them naturally. Mr Ennis really impressed me because he started his research when he was in High School and has stayed dedicated and never given up. I really hope he finds a cure for cancer. I really like his idea because it doesn't involve any chemicals.


The stage was also really colourful. Here are some pictures of it.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be respectful when leaving a comment.