Tuesday, November 03, 2015

October

Hey everybody!
In this post I'm going to tell you about what has happened so far in October.

Fun Walk:
On the 2nd of October, a Friday, the school held the annual Fun Walk! Every year the school has a day where all the classes along with their tutors perform a dance before going on a walk around Celbridge. Everybody gets really competitive and practices for weeks. Each year is given a colour and this year the colours were as follows:
1st years: Pink
2nd years: Purple
3rd years: Green
TY's: Yellow
5th years: Blue
6th years: Black and White

This year our class(Lagarde) decided to be sunflowers and rain clouds. The idea was the clouds would make the sunflowers unhappy until the sun(our tutor, Mr. Lawor) came along. We dance to he songs; "Ain't no Sunshine When She's Gone", "Kung Fu Fighting", "Here Comes the Sun" and "Walking on Sunshine". We didn't win but we still had a good time.

Displaying IMG_1288.JPG

World Animal Day:
I am a big supporter of animal rights so happy World Animal Day! Make sure you give your pets special attention. Always be kind to animals.
 
Dublin:
On the 8th, we went into Dublin to visit some museums. We were split into our class groups for the first two museums. My group went to the WW1 museum first run by the National Library of Ireland. This was really interesting and we learnt lots about life in the trenches and the impact the war had on people left at home.
After this we swapped with the other group and went to the Yeats Exhibition in the National Library. We were given a guided tour and learnt about Yeats's life from his birth to his death.
But before we had the tour we were surprised when the President showed up for a different conference in the library.
Displaying IMG_1334.JPG

Anybody who wanted to also got to have a quick look at the actual library. Being in love with books I of course took the chance. The room was breath taking. I'll never forget the room. It was beautiful. The tour was very informative and had some really cool facts.

After the Yeats tour we walked to Grafton Street where we were unleashed upon Dublin. My friend Tara and I headed straight for Eddie Rockets of course!!!!!  We got our food to go and snuck into McDonalds to eat with our friends. I grabbed a hot chocolate in the McCafĂ© too. Their hot chocolate is divine.

After this some of my friends wanted to go to Starbucks so we headed down to get them their Pumpkin Spice Lattes, but on the way back to our meeting point we started watching a really cool dance group who put on an awesome show.

Back at the meeting point was the best show though. The FitzaFrenic entertained us for a good few songs before they had to go on lunch. They had a really unique and fresh sound.

After lunch we walked back to the National Museum and explored a couple of exhibitions, but by far my favourite was the bog bodies.

National Coming Out Day(Oct 11th):
For anybody still in the closet and afraid to come out maybe today is your day to shine. If you are scared about coming out remember it's okay to be gay or anything else for that matter.


Coderdojo:
As I've apparently got loads of time TY I decided I would join my local Coderdojo in Maynooth University. It has always been a dream of mine to learn how to code so I decided to finally give it a go. On my first day I didn't know where I was going so first I went in the wrong door before kinda stalking a family to the right place. I guessed they were going the same place as me because what else would primary school kids be doing in a college? So anyway I get to a room full of people and computers and having no idea what to do ask a collegish looking student what to do. The student then instructs me to the demonstrators sign-in desk before seeing the panic on my face and realising I was a student. But finally I got settled down and began the Python(coding language) course. I think it went well. After 2 hours however my brain was fried.

Rescue 2:
I also passed my rescue 2 exam in Lifesaving! One step closer to being a lifeguard. I've been waiting to do that exam since before the summer. I missed doing the exam because I was going to the 5SOS concert with my friend but that's a story for another day.

Rugby World Cup;
So I'm an avid fan of rugby and was extremely disappointed when Ireland got knocked out in the quarter finals by Argentina with a final score of 9-24. However I was super proud of the Irish team and how far they got. #RWCIreland2023 #shouldertoshoulder



Maths Quiz:
In honour of maths week, our school and the local maths school got together for a maths quiz. It was good craic. Made a couple of new friends, saw some old ones.The team I was on came 3rd.


Castletown;
So recently we were learning about the local history of Celbridge and of course Castletown was a major factor in the history of the town and with it being so close to us we though why not? So of course a visit to Castletown ensued. That building is breathtakingly beautiful. I felt like a princess walking around it. Just imagine living there!



Salesian's Halloween Party:
So every year Salesian's resource centre hold social nights and there is of course a Halloween one. Every year I attend and this year was no different. With games like Fluffy Bunny and bobbing for apples as well as our own crazy concoctions how could I not go. And of course some seriously cringe worth dancing on my part.(My costume after the party. You can find out more about who I was in the next paragraph.)

Dress Up;
 For Halloween dress up TY's were given Superheroes and Villains. I went as Kate Bishop a.k.a Hawkeye from the Young Avengers. Of course nobody knew who she was but I got a toy bow and arrow and I didn't quite nail the look but I  had a good time so who cares. Linda Toomey with her dead Superman won. It was pretty realistic. So I was also refereeing an U11's match and may have still been wearing my make-up. But I totally wasn't the only one. There were some vampires and witches playing and even one Black Widow(Wanted to be her but didn't quite have the red hair.)


BT Young Scientist and Technology Exhibition:
On the dress up day in school my partner Jade Wolfe and I found out that we have qualified for the 2016 BTYSE. Our project is called "Dream Team" and we are entered in the Social and  Behavioural Sciences category. So if you're at BTYSE 2016 look out for us.  
Displaying badge.jpg

My Birthday!:
My birthday is on the 30th of October but I had a couple of my friends round to celebrate the weekend before. They came to my house on Friday night and stayed over. We all camped out in the sitting room with duvets and pillows. Early Saturday morning we headed to Skirmish Paintball in Kilternan in Dublin. We were put with two other groups. All of my friends and I were on the blue team with some guys from a stag party. We wiped the red team beating them in all three games. We all got our fair share of knocks but were still a bit sad to hand back the guns. After the paint balling we returned to my house for pizza and cake. Overall I had a great time and got some awesome presents. My friends know me so well. But I have to give a special mention to my friend Clarissa who made my card purely from photos of me and then wrote an essay covering two A4 pages on the inside.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be respectful when leaving a comment.